[jboss-user] [EJB3] - @Stateless bean is not initialized when using Spring

Kirill Linnik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 12:06:55 EDT 2012

Kirill Linnik [https://community.jboss.org/people/kirillica] created the discussion

"@Stateless bean is not initialized when using Spring"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/723788#723788

Hi there,
One module of our application is made by third party company and it's Spring-based. That's should be OK, since Spring has enabled EJB injection and vice-versa. Injecting EJBs in Spring works fine, but if I follow manual ( http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/dependency-injection-in-ejb3 http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/dependency-injection-in-ejb3) and do like this:@Local
public interface MyDAO {

  public void test();

}
and:
@Stateless
public class MyDAOImpl extends AbstractStatelessSessionBean implements
    MyDAO {

  private static final long serialVersionUID = 4738436066552146052L;

  private MySpringService mySpringServiceService;

  @Override
  protected void onEjbCreate() throws CreateException {
    mySpringServiceService = (MySpringService) getBeanFactory()
        .getBean("mySpringService");
  }

  @Override
  public void test() {
  }

}
where:
@Service("mySpringService")
and inject this EJB in another EJB like:
@EJB
private MyDAO myDAO;
On server startup I see:
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Could not resolve @EJB reference:
[EJB Reference: beanInterface 'MyDAO', beanName 'null', mappedName 'null', lookupName 'null', owning unit 'ComponentDeploymentContext at 726473212
{org.jboss.metadata.ejb.jboss.JBossEnterpriseBeanMetaData.AnotherDAOImpl}']
for environment entry: env/AnotherDAOImpl/myDAO
in unit ComponentDeploymentContext at 726473212{org.jboss.metadata.ejb.jboss.JBossEnterpriseBeanMetaData.AnotherDAOImpl}
It means, AFAIK, MyDAO is not an EJB and cannot be injected.
Well, where I am wrong?

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]