[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: meet hang on call a ejb, add a timeout property in jboss-server.xml?

freeliuade freeliuade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 18 01:37:55 EDT 2012

freeliuade freeliuade [https://community.jboss.org/people/freeliuade] created the discussion

"Re: meet hang on call a ejb, add a timeout property in jboss-server.xml?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724517#724517

re: "add a default timeout,"

I'm not really sure what you mean.  The code itself has a hard coded default timeout of 30 minutes.  If you set the "timeout" parameter, that value becomes the timeout value for all invocations.

Hi, about this, a litter bit confuse, in my testing, if not set "timeout" parameter, my ejb client will stick be there always if unplug network of ejb server machine when ejb server on processing ejb call.
so it seems NO default timeout .

another question is: if add "timeout" parameter, except EJB call, any other jboss services will get impact? (i.e. any other jboss components are based on Remoting)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]