[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - jboss6 - character encoding of http post request body

jetim k do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 03:07:07 EDT 2012

jetim k [https://community.jboss.org/people/satish1982] created the discussion

"jboss6 - character encoding of http post request body"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724918#724918

Hi ,

   My backend java application deployed in jboss6  has to support all the languages(english,spanish,japanese,chinese.....) avaiable in the world. We have client application deployed on tablet devices which is on Android based sending the post data to server in UTF-8 encoding but after reading the data on server  ...i am seeing it like this ??? ?? ???.  Even though i tell jboss to do explicit UTF-8 encoding by configuring "JAVA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" in the startup file.

.if i configure "JAVA_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1" in the jboss startup script . I see all western langauges are properly parsed and displayed whereas eastern langauges are still showing ???? (i.e chinese, japanese). Do i need to do any other setting like fond at jvm to support chinese and japanese characters.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]