[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Where do I find information about securing ejb 2.1 webservice endpoints using jax-rpc

Nilesh Keriwala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 10:15:10 EDT 2012

Nilesh Keriwala [https://community.jboss.org/people/nilesh.keriwala] created the discussion

"Where do I find information about securing ejb 2.1 webservice endpoints using jax-rpc"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/725073#725073

JBOSS 4.x supports ejb 2.1 as webservice endpoints using jax-rpc. I read through JBOSS configruation guide and searched on the web, but could not find much information on how to enable security for ejb 2.1 webservice endpoints. I have been able to expose ejb 2.1 as web servcies using configuration and wsdl files generated by wstools. It is working fine but it is a free entry for eveyone. I have security roles configured in ejb-jar.xml and security domain configured in jboss.xml. The login module is also configured in login-config.xml, but client is able to get access to endpoints without providing any authentication information. I want to enable secure access for ejb 2.1 endpoints. Could you please help me by referring a right place where I can find some information, or provide some documentation if you have it handy.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]