[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JBoss WS Dependencies with Maven ending up with truncated MANIFEST.MF

Adam Williams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 13:06:35 EDT 2012

Adam Williams [https://community.jboss.org/people/ahw-dev] created the discussion

"JBoss WS Dependencies with Maven ending up with truncated MANIFEST.MF"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/725136#725136

I am trying to consume a Web Service from an EJB and therefore am trying to use the JBoss CXF implementation Client classes.

Per this very nice article -

 https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16722 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-AS7FAQ

I have customized a MANIFEST.MF file to include the following dependencies:

org.jboss.ws.cxf.jbossws-cxf-client services export, org.apache.ws.security services export, org.apache.ws.xmlschema services export with the final DESIRED output of my MANIFEST.MF file being:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Built-By: ahw001
Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_29
Created-By: Maven Integration for Eclipse
Dependencies: org.jboss.ws.cxf.jbossws-cxf-client services export, org.apache.ws.security services export, org.apache.ws.xmlschema services export

However Maven seems to have a column (field?) limitation on a key/value field of 70 characters so when I actually do the Maven deploy the output actually ends up like this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Built-By: ahw001
Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_29
Created-By: Maven Integration for Eclipse
Dependencies: org.jboss.ws.cxf.jbossws-cxf-client services export, or
g.apache.ws.security services export, org.apache.ws.xmlschema service
s export

Which obviously is not correctly parsable and does not end up with a working distribution. When I manually go in and edit the MANIFEST.MF file after the deployment to concatonate the entry everything works fine.

My question is, does anyone know a way around this issue with Maven? Or can I (should I) add the other dependencies to the org.jboss.ws.cxf.jbossws-cxf-client module.xml file? Will that break any JBoss WS upgrades?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]