[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: org.hibernate.annotations.Type and jboss tools

John Franey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 16:29:13 EDT 2012

John Franey [https://community.jboss.org/people/jjfraney] created the discussion

"Re: org.hibernate.annotations.Type and jboss tools"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/725173#725173

Also, a related question.  After the UserType errors were elimintated, this one became apparent.

| Description | Resource | Path | Location | Type |
| Discriminator column "DTYPE" cannot be resolved on table "equipment" | Equipment.java | /xxxxxx/src/main/java/com/xxxxxxx | line 85 | JPA Problem |

Its true that dtype is not on the table.   I thought hibernate does not use a discriminator in this case.  The application works fine in jboss as 6 with the same database definition.

@Entity
@Table(name="equipment")
@Inheritance(strategy=InheritanceType.JOINED)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]