[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Can't deploy Apache vanila CXF web service on JBoss SOA-P 5.2 with CXF

nicolas duminil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 26 12:57:49 EDT 2012

nicolas duminil [https://community.jboss.org/people/simplex-software] created the discussion

"Re: Can't deploy Apache vanila CXF web service on JBoss SOA-P 5.2 with CXF"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/726376#726376

I didn't have any answer to my question. I can deploy web services in JBoss with CXF exactly the same as they were JBossWS native web services. I understand this was the goal of providing CXF in JBoss: to leverage Apache CXF such that CXF web services be transparently deployed on JBoss. This is fine. But there are many CXF web services deployable on Tomcat or other containers and which are using vanila Apache CXF and which aren't deployable as it on JBoss. One needs to modify the web.xml deployment descriptor and to rename the spring bean definition files or to remove them completely. This is not convenient and I think that any CXF web service should be deployable on JBoss with CXF without having to touch anything. Is taht possible and, if yes, how ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]