[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: JAXWS error on jboss 6.0

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 02:23:18 EDT 2012

Alessio Soldano [https://community.jboss.org/people/asoldano] created the discussion

"Re: JAXWS error on jboss 6.0"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/726519#726519

The reason for the NCDFE moving from AS 5 to AS6 might be related to fact that AS 6 comes with JBossWS-CXF stack installed by default. Can you provide more details about your application?

This said, I assume you have a spring bean declaration (is Apache CXF also involved?) for creating a jaxws client. JBoss AS comes with his spec compliant JAXWS impl and you're supposed to use that. As a matter of fact, the stacktrace above suggests that Spring's LocalJaxWsServiceFactory used the JAXWS Service API, which resolved the configured javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider implementation and got the jbossws-cxf one (it's configured though a META-INF/services declaration in one of the jars living in lib/endorsed folder). The jbossws-cxf stack then tries to build the client, goes for the Spring version of the CXF bus (probably because you have Spring jars in your app, classloading is a bit of a mess in AS6) and eventually fails, perhaps because the jbws stack can't load Spring from the jbossws stack classloader.
I don't have a 100% sure solution for this, I'd need to try something.
On AS7 this might be solved (I want to verify this btw) by configuring the javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider impl to use for the specific application (AS7 does not use the "endorsed" lib concept).

Consider posting the other exception you get after installing Spring in server/lib, perhaps we can find a workaround...

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]