[jboss-user] cached connection manager

Nick Hindley Nick.Hindley at practicallaw.com
Sun May 6 08:54:46 EDT 2012

hi,

we're using Jboss 4.2.0 on RHEL5.5 running an application 'Fatwire'

We're recently had a major problem with 'closing connection for you' from CachedConnectionManager.  However, a few seconds later we can see that the application tries to use the connection that was closed which throws an exception.

When I looked in jbossjca-service.xml, Debug was set to True and its probable that its always been set.

Reading around, it seems that this is a bad thing and that it should not be set in a production environment.  We've set this to false and the problem appears to have gone away.  We've contacted the vendor about this but does anyone know whether theres any good reason for it to have been set ?

Are we going to have other problems as a result of turning this off?

thanks

This e-mail from Practical Law Company (http://www.practicallaw.com) is subject to our terms of use (http://www.practicallaw.com/9-103-0884). Information about our companies: Practical Law Company Limited. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number: 02889191. Registered Office: 19 Hatfields, London SE1 8DJ. Telephone: +44(0)20 7202 1200.
Practical Law Company, Inc. Incorporated in Delaware, USA.  Corporate Office: 747 Third Avenue, 36th Floor, New York, NY 10017. Telephone: +1(646) 562-3400.