[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: High CPU Utilization

Amol Walanj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 00:26:54 EDT 2012

Amol Walanj [https://community.jboss.org/people/walanj.amol] created the discussion

"Re: High CPU Utilization"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/734396#734396

My goal is to gain high TPS with avg. response time below 25ms and low CPU Utilization.
My client is a normal HttpClient written in Java.
Using Thread Pool Executor I manged my client side threads.

Peter ,

I didn't worked with Rajesh. The issue you mentioned also looks similar to mine.
But here you mentioned by increasing the threads the more load on CPU.
what I had found from my testing is there is 1-2 % increase when I increase almost 10 threads from the client.
But the CPU is largely depend on the maxThreads of the http connector configuration in server.xml under deploy/jbossweb.sar directory.

I had calculated the time taken to complete 1 Query.
It's in the range of 5-15ms

So What I can see that the max CPU is Utilized in Handling connections.
So I want to optimize this connections handling so that to reduce CPU with high TPS.

Thanks,
Amol

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]