[jboss-user] JBoss 6 Class Loading

Jan Algermissen jan.algermissen at nordsc.com
Thu May 10 05:03:26 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am struggling with JBoss6 class loading. I am simply trying to achieve full isolation between two WARs that happen to include the same JAR.

For both WARs I am using

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss-web>
<class-loading>
      <loader-repository>de.stuff.foo:loader=war1.war
        <loader-repository-config>java2ParentDelegation=false</loader-repository-config>
       </loader-repository>
   </class-loading>
</jboss-web>

and

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss-web>
<class-loading>
      <loader-repository>de.stuff.foo:loader=war2.war
        <loader-repository-config>java2ParentDelegation=false</loader-repository-config>
       </loader-repository>
   </class-loading>
</jboss-web>

de.stuff.foo being the real top level package of the stuff I write.

Can someone explain what else I need to do to achieve complete isolation between the deployed WARs?

Is there a reference documentation for how the <class-loading> XML can be used? E.g. I fail to understand what the difference between

de.stuff.foo:loader=war2.war

and

de.stuff.foo:archive=war2.war

is among other things.  All I can find are examples what one could do. but no docs.

Jan