[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Questions about knowledge session and memory resource issues

pmukundan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 11 02:36:29 EDT 2012

pmukundan [https://community.jboss.org/people/pmukundan] created the discussion

"Re: Questions about knowledge session and memory resource issues"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/734953#734953

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your replay. It is very helpful. I have 1/2 followup question

Assumption : Session persistance is in use. JPA/hibenate mechanism is in use. The setup is functioning.

*Scenario*
Whenever JBPM JVM gets a process launch request, I create a new Knowledge session. Use that ksession to lauch the process instance. The process instance hits a human task node and original launcher execution thread returns. That thread calls  ksession dispose. Now ksession is detached from process instance and task instance objects. All process instance objects get saved into database through JPA.

*Questions :*
                         Does the ksession object get garbage collected immediately ?
                         Do the persisted task objects/process instance objects get garbage collected ? Those are not required in memory until the user does something about the task in a separate JVM.

*Background info*
I am trying to forecast the memory requirements for the JVM.
Memory contents of JVM at any time
     1. Whole knowledge base
     2. Active knowledge sessions( those not desposed at the moment)
     3. Process instance and related objects ( This is what I want to get clarty on !!)