[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Integrating jBPM 5 into web application - architecture

Pedro Gonçalves do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 14:02:07 EDT 2012

Pedro Gonçalves [https://community.jboss.org/people/pgoncalves] created the discussion

"Integrating jBPM 5 into web application - architecture"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/736299#736299

Hello,

I've been trying to integrate the jBPM5 into my own web app, but I've some doubts about how to make it.

My processes are mostly composed by Human Actions, which make them long running processes.
My problem is similar to the one discribed here:  https://community.jboss.org/message/636561#636561 https://community.jboss.org/message/636561#636561

I've already configured jBPM to use persistense and I was able to start processes (building kbase, ksession, taskService, etc.). But everytime I start a process, or try to list the started processes I create a new entry on SessionInfo (in the database), and I got a empty list of started processes (I've 2 process instances holding a human action).
* It is clear to me that I'm not managing the sessions properly, my question is, what is the best way to do it?  :p
* Does jBPM5.3 brings any improvement on this?
* What are the best practices regarding the use of the kbase, ksessions, taskServices, etc.

Thanks in advance!