[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - GC optimization issue - Pls assist.

Titus Rakkesh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 21 13:58:51 EDT 2012

Titus Rakkesh [https://community.jboss.org/people/trakkesh] created the discussion

"GC optimization issue - Pls assist."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/736877#736877

Hi Friends,
    We have an EJB 3.0 application which uses Oracle 10g datasource and is deployed in 2 cluster nodes of EAP 4.3.0 servers. The physical servers are sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 (SunOS 5.10). As a GC config we have,

-Xmx1503m -Xms1503m -Xss256k -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:PermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycleMin=0
-XX:CMSIncrementalDutyCycle=10 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true

And after running 2 days, the Eden Space does able to collect and the application hangs.

I have attached the GC logs, for your reference.

Pls assist how we can resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Rakkesh

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]