[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Re: Jboss 7.1.1 FAILED MySql datasource test-connection-in-pool

Fernando Fabreti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 09:12:46 EDT 2012

Fernando Fabreti [https://community.jboss.org/people/ffabreti] created the discussion

"Re: Jboss 7.1.1 FAILED MySql datasource test-connection-in-pool"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/737952#737952

Posting for the "Googlers".

Well, I don't know if this is a *bug* or a *configuration issue*.

In fact, what solved the problem described on the initial post was to change the line below (in standalone.xml)
from:
>  <*datasource jndi-name="java:/MySqlDS" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" pool-name="MySqlDS"*>
to:
>  <*datasource jndi-name="java:/MySqlDS" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" pool-name="MySqlDS_pool"*>

then, after a server restart, I've got this:
> fernando at kirk:/usr/local/jboss$ sudo su jboss
> [sudo] password for fernando:
> $ pwd
> /usr/local/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final
> $ bin/jboss-cli.sh --connect
> [standalone at localhost:9999 /] /subsystem=datasources/data-source=*MySqlDS_pool*:test-connection-in-pool
> {
>     "outcome" => "success",
>     "result" => [true]

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]