[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Getting ***java.net.SocketException: Too many open files*** when running JBPM 5.2 in linux OS

Seyed Mohammad Hosein Jamali do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 26 03:07:46 EDT 2012

Seyed Mohammad Hosein Jamali [https://community.jboss.org/people/hosein] created the discussion

"Re: Getting ***java.net.SocketException: Too many open files*** when running JBPM 5.2 in linux OS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738086#738086

I set echo 30 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout and restart networking service and then increase *Increase The Maximum Number Of Open Files / File Descriptors (FD) to 1000000 but the problem is not resolved.*
If I decrease tcp_fin_timeout to 10 secondes *Too many open files* happens more than the time tcp_fin_timeout is equal to 30 or 60 seconds .

any help appreciated.
S.M.H.Jamali