[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException occured with XMLGregorianCalendar

Huong Hoang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 26 10:49:04 EDT 2012

Huong Hoang [https://community.jboss.org/people/thoangjb] created the discussion

"javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException occured with XMLGregorianCalendar"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738115#738115

Hi, our web service has a simple type with xsd:gYear, when generate to java class, it become XMLGregorianCalendar type. We deployed to Jboss AS 5.1. When we test ws in soapUI - for the scenario year is not entered, we expect to get the application error code something like year is invalid.. however we got fault exception javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException with linked exception:[java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ...

The version we deployed to WebSphere AS is working fine - if no year entered we got the error code we set in the application.

Your help is appreciated.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]