[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: JAXWSProperties.SSL_SOCKET_FACTORY alternative in JBoss

Markus Kilås do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 04:05:57 EDT 2012

Markus Kilås [https://community.jboss.org/people/ne1mackan] created the discussion

"Re: JAXWSProperties.SSL_SOCKET_FACTORY alternative in JBoss"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738214#738214

Thank you spyhunter99 for your reply.

I am not sure I fully understood what you mean. Are you saying that JAXWSProperties.SSL_SOCKET_FACTORY is used by JBossWS-native but not for the transport layer as it is JAX-WS RI/metro?

Rebuilding JBossWS-native isn't really something I would like to do trying to build an portable JEE application. However, I have done some more searching on the issue and found out that it is possible to achieve the same functionality as in JAX-WS RI by switching to JBossWS-cxf and use some custom code to set the TlsSettings. Not optimal as it would require the Apache CXF at compile-time and I would have to check if it is available at runtime as it will not be when running on GlassFish but anyway.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]