[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging 1.4.7.GA on JBoss 5.1.0.GA - cannot bind to "jaas" on startup

Nicholas DiPiazza do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 6 12:25:53 EST 2012

Nicholas DiPiazza [https://community.jboss.org/people/ndipiazza] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss Messaging 1.4.7.GA on JBoss 5.1.0.GA - cannot bind to "jaas" on startup"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/775153#775153

I was not able to solve this issue. So what I did was instead of using the jboss-messaging.sar files I had working on JBoss 4.3.0.GA EAP as the starting point, I copied the JBoss 5.1.0.GA EAP's server/all/deploy/messaging into my server/customconfig/deploy/ folder.

I started JBoss5, made sure it still starts up. It did.

Then I just applied all the non-default settings I had in my jboss-messaging.sar/*.xml files and then applied them over to the files in server/customconfig/deploy/messaging/*

This worked fine. The actual problem had something to do with that fact that I was trying to specify the mbean for SecurityStore in the messaging-service.xml file as an mbean. But now I believe it is a microcontainer <bean>.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]