[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Can JBossWS3 send out plain XML? (no wsdl available)

dozz88 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 10 06:13:24 EST 2012

dozz88 [https://community.jboss.org/people/dozz88] created the discussion

"Can JBossWS3 send out plain XML? (no wsdl available)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/775862#775862

Hello,

I'm using JBossWS in several projects for consuming webservices from our clients.
Now I have a requirement for an old project which makes an SAML attribute request over SOAP into our existing project.
I'm wondering if its possible to send out plain XML or javax.xml.transform.Source to a specified URL using JBossWS?
Currently they are using Spring-WS which offers a WebServiceTemplate that has the following method signature
h3. sendSourceAndReceiveToResult
public boolean *sendSourceAndReceiveToResult*( http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/Source.html?is-external=true Source requestPayload,  http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/Result.html?is-external=true Result responseResult)

Is there any equivalent in JBossWS 3 that I would be able to use to make this request?

Thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]