[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Modifying published web service name in JBoss 6

Brad Maxwell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 18:25:38 EST 2012

Brad Maxwell [https://community.jboss.org/people/bcmaxwel] created the discussion

"Modifying published web service name in JBoss 6"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/776280#776280

Hi all,

I'm converting a project from JBoss 4.2.3 to JBoss 6 and having some trouble with the published web service name.

In 4.2.3, the annotations below would result in a URL of:
 http://localhost:8080/AuthServices/AuthorizationServiceBean http://localhost:8080/AuthServices/AuthorizationServiceBean

@WebContext(contextRoot = "AuthServices")
@WebService(portName = "AuthorizationServicePort", serviceName = "AuthorizationServiceService", targetNamespace = "urn:xxx.authorization", endpointInterface = "com.xxx.authorization.services.AuthorizationService")
@Stateless
public class AuthorizationServiceBean extends AbstractService implements AuthorizationService

In 6, this gives a URL of:
 http://localhost:8080/AuthServices/AuthorizationServiceService/AuthorizationServiceBean http://localhost:8080/AuthServices/AuthorizationServiceService/AuthorizationServiceBean.

If I remove the "serviceName" attribute, it sets the URL back to what it used to be.

@WebService(portName = "AuthorizationServicePort",  targetNamespace = "urn:xxx.authorization",  endpointInterface = "com.xxx.authorization.services.AuthorizationService" )
@WebContext(contextRoot = "AuthServices", authMethod="BASIC")
@Stateless
public class AuthorizationServiceBean extends AbstractService implements AuthorizationService

However, the published name goes from "AuthorizationServiceService" in 4.2.3 to "AuthorizationServiceBeanService" in 6.1.

WSDL from 4.2.3 = <definitions name="AuthorizationServiceService" targetNamespace="urn:xxx.authorization">
WSDL from 6.1 =  <wsdl:definitions name="AuthorizationServiceBeanService" targetNamespace="urn:xxx.authorization">

And my client, of course, says:

Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: {urn:choicepoint.authorization}AuthorizationServiceService is not a valid service. Valid services are: {urn:xxx.authorization}AuthorizationServiceBeanService

Since we've got a lot of clients who would be impacted by this having to change this, I'd like to be able to force it back to the old name.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Brad

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]