[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Abort / retry / skip UI

sbremal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 19 22:18:55 EST 2012

sbremal [https://community.jboss.org/people/sbremal] created the discussion

"Abort / retry / skip UI"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/777295#777295

Hello

I have a requirement for the following scenario: the jBPM workflow suppose to check the availability of various IT systems, it will also make changes to the systems. Each step is implemented as web service (implemented in Python).

It is expected that each step fails multiple times, and here comes the real issue. We need a smart user driven retry mechanism. The aim is that a failed step will generate a user task where it can be retried, skipped, aborted etc. (The workflow and further checks are suspended until a failed checkpoint step is remedied manually and is retried.)

How would you guys implement it?

I imagine a user task with an HTML form (error message, 3 buttons etc.). Where do I put the web service error handling? Where do I put the workflow signalling code? How do I make it generic so it 'guards' all web service calls in the entire workflow?

Thanks.

Cheers
B.