[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to create Adhoc Task using jbpm-human-task-war.war that comes with jbpm5.3 full installer?

Thomas Setiabudi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 03:17:15 EST 2012

Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"How to create Adhoc Task using jbpm-human-task-war.war that comes with jbpm5.3 full installer?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/777335#777335

Hi,

We use jbpm5.3 full installer and changed its configuration to use MS SQL Server 2008. And Everything works fine. All tasks are persisted in the database.

We have been using jbpm as a service, we do activities like start process, claim group task, complete task using JBPM-Console's REST API.

Now, we have a requirement to create adhoc task (create a human task without any process definition).
Since there is no REST API on JBPM-Console to do this, we plan to create a small application to create task and communicate directly with jbpm-human-task-war.war that comes with jbpm5.3 full installer.
We want to do this since we need all of our task to be persisted in the database.

Is it true by doing it this way, all task created by  jbpm-human-task-war.war will be persisted to the database?

Is there any sample code on how to do this? (create a small application to create task and communicate directly with jbpm-human-task-war.war) ?

Any Help is Appreciated.

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi