[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: How Can I monitoring java heap with jstat?

Radoslav Husar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 21 11:23:32 EST 2012

Radoslav Husar [https://community.jboss.org/people/rhusar] created the discussion

"Re: How Can I monitoring java heap with jstat?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/777766#777766

AFAIK yes, summing up all the bytes should give you the total heap as well (obviously, dont paste it through head command then as I did in the example above).

jstat will tell you the totals in each generation, which is very useful but if you want to quickly see which objects are holding up the memory jmap comes in handy.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]