[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JAX-WS how to read a different charset

Morten Nyhaug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 07:34:54 EST 2012

Morten Nyhaug [https://community.jboss.org/people/morten.nyhaug] created the discussion

"JAX-WS how to read a different charset"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/778327#778327

How can I set a JAX-WS webservice to accept content with charset="iso-8859-1" on a system that is using "utf-8"?

If this was just a servlet, I would have done something like this:
protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
        throws ServletException, IOException {
    String content = "";
    BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(
            request.getInputStream(), "ISO-8859-1"));
    try {
        for (String line = reader.readLine(); line != null; line = reader.readLine()) {
            content += line;
        }
    } finally {
        reader.close();
    }
}

But how can I accomplish the same using a web service?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]