[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM 5.3 clustering in an enterprise

Swaminathan Bhaskar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 16:36:17 EST 2012

Swaminathan Bhaskar [https://community.jboss.org/people/swaminathan.bhaskar] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM 5.3 clustering in an enterprise"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/779210#779210

Mauricio, thanks for responding. Here is the scenario - we have a business app which has the business process (lets assume its a 10-step process with calls to web services etc) implemented using jBPM. This app is deployed in an appserver in JVM1 & JVM2 in Data center DC1. The both share the same Database DB1. We have the same setup in Datacenter DC2 with DB2 and JVM3 & JVM4. DB1 and DB2 are kept in sync through replication. A request comes in from the user and through standard enterprise load-balancer we routed to DC1 and the process is started in JVM1. It is in step 5 and the JVM1 crashes. We want the JVM2 to automatically pick the process and continue from step 6. This is one use-case. The other use-case would be when the Datacenter DC1 goes down and needs to be picked by either JVM3 or JVM4 in DC2. Any thoughts ?