[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - How To Use Positional Parameter in HQL Editor

xsa lefter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 4 16:31:29 EDT 2012

xsa lefter [https://community.jboss.org/people/xsalefter] created the discussion

"How To Use Positional Parameter in HQL Editor"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/763336#763336

Hi all,

I'm usually use named parameter for defining input parameter in JQPL with HQL editor. Now I'm trying to use positional parameter and looks like Jboss Tools / Hibernate Tools doesn't support this (or perhaps I'm going to wrong direction).

This screenshots display when I use named parameter (as you may be see, the quey result is displayed on "Hibernate Query Result" tab):
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-763336-19626/named-parameter.PNG  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-763336-19626/450-246/named-parameter.PNG

This screenshots display when I use positional parameter ("Hibernate Query Result" show illegalargumentexception no positional parameters in query):
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-763336-19627/positional-parameter.PNG  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-763336-19627/449-229/positional-parameter.PNG

Note that I also trying to change the "name" column value from 0 to 1 (in the right panel). But it doesn't affect anything and throw same exception. My environment is:
* Eclipse: Indigo Service Release 2
* Hibernate Tools: 3.4.0.v20120307-2104-H60-Beta1 (which is included when I install JBoss Tools)

Any suggestion / idea?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]