[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to set a process to use drl rule just by using the drools-guvnor, web editor, and jbpm console?

Thomas Setiabudi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 9 06:25:11 EDT 2012

Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"How to set a process to use drl rule just by using the drools-guvnor, web editor, and jbpm console?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/763852#763852

Hi,

I am using JBPM5.3 Full installer.

Is it possible to create a process with a Business Process Task node that execute a drools rule (drl) without using the eclipse but just by using the drools-guvnor, web editor, and jbpm console?

I refer to a discussion here:
 https://community.jboss.org/thread/167350 https://community.jboss.org/thread/167350

It says we have to execute this script on a node prior to executing any rule
kcontext.getKnowledgeRuntime().insert(kcontext.getProcessInstance());

then on the rule itself looks to be something like this:

import com.sample.User;
import org.drools.runtime.process.WorkflowProcessInstance

rule "AgeCheck3"
ruleflow-group "AgeCheck"

    when
        processInstance : WorkflowProcessInstance()
        age: Integer() from (Integer)((WorkflowProcessInstance)processInstance).getVariable("Age");
        eval(age < 18);
    then
        processInstance.setVariable("Name", new String("Denied"));
        System.out.println(age);

end

The problem is I cannot figure out on how to specify import when I create a rule via drools guvnor. Is it even possible?

And how do we trigger the fireAllRules or fireUntilHalt if we are not using eclipse?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi