[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: PortableRemoteObject.narrow() returns null

Brian Lara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 16 14:13:43 EDT 2012

Brian Lara [https://community.jboss.org/people/bclara] created the discussion

"Re: PortableRemoteObject.narrow() returns null"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/765410#765410

Any updates on how to resolve this?
I am getting null after invoking narrrow() on PortableRemoteObject as well. I do get IOR string as above, so JNDI lookup works.
I am newbie to Jboss and migrating from Websphere.

My EJB client is in separate EAR on separate server than the EJB project. Both EJB and EJB client are running on Jboss 5.1 GA 'all' configuration over RMI-IIOP.
I don't see any stubs generated in ejb client jar. When I put stubs manually there (from my websphere project), I no longer get null and home is returned properly.

I cannot continue to do this (using Websphere stubs for Jboss), what else is needed for dynamic stubs to work in Jboss?
Do I need to include any specific libraries on client side?
Do i need any special descriptor files for ejb client jar in Jboss (like jboss-ejb-client.xml)

Any help much appreciated!!

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]