[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to copy timer events between sessions

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 09:41:37 EDT 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: How to copy timer events between sessions"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/766312#766312

single session should be good for your case as session is considered thread safe, just remember to keep it alive for the life cycle of the system that exposes it via REST and don't dispose it between requests.
> tmag wrote:
>
> 1. Could you please elaborate what you mean by 'alternate timer service' ? Its within jBPM or you saying to use something else like Quartz ?
>         If its in jBPM could you please point me to some samples - if you have any ?
I mean new implementation that could be plugged into jbpm and it could be using quartz

> tmag wrote:
> 2. For our process flow - which I posted above -  Do we need a new session for each request? or a single session would suffice to serve parallel requests ? Please advice.
I believe single session should be fine for this process as I don't see any rule tasks that will require its own (separate) context per process instance.

HTH