[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: PortableRemoteObject.narrow() returns null

Brian Lara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 17 13:51:18 EDT 2012

Brian Lara [https://community.jboss.org/people/bclara] created the discussion

"Re: PortableRemoteObject.narrow() returns null"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/766452#766452

This is exactly how I have and jndi lookup is successful. Only when I do PortableRemoteObject.narrow(), it just returns null. there is no classcastexception or any other exception.
Do I have to include any jboss descriptor file in my EJB Client jar, currently it only has remote and home interfaces.
Websphere doesn't need any special descriptor file and stubs get generated during deploy time.

When I deploy the ejb client jar from my websphere server (which has stubs in it) in JBoss, I no longer get null but Home object is returned.

So, I suspect it is something to do with missing stubs or dynamic stub not working in Jboss due to some reason. Look forward to your help.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]