[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Invoke ejb remote, Classloader problem InitialContextFactory

Fausto De La Torre do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 10:58:22 EDT 2012

Fausto De La Torre [https://community.jboss.org/people/faustodelatog] created the discussion

"Invoke ejb remote, Classloader problem InitialContextFactory"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/766711#766711

Hi,

I am trying to invoke a remote service from a jboss server to another jboss server, however when I intent to instantiate InitialContext to do the lookup, with jndi properties I get the next error: javax.naming.NamingException: JBAS011843: No logró instanciar InitialContextFactory org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory del cargador de clase ModuleClassLoader for Module myApp.war, it is because org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory is not in the classpath of "myApp.war", right?

If JBOSS_HOMEbin/client/jboss-client.jar is packaged into myApp.war/WEB-INF/lib, InitialContextFactory is reconigzed in classpath and can instantiate InitialContext, however I do not want to do this, because
jboss-client.jar is a common library (or module?, I do not know), I would like that all applications share this library or module.

To to this I added a dependency into MANIFEST file to org.jboss.remote-naming module, this way InitialContextFactory is in classpath but other classes are not.

Question:

How can I do, all my applications (in deployments directory) and classes of jboss-client.jar are in the same classpath?
There is a module of jboss-client.jar?

Thanks in advance

Att.
Fausto

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]