[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: JBoss tools JSF development - extending VPE (for MBean property)

Viacheslav Kabanovich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 17:20:34 EDT 2012

Viacheslav Kabanovich [https://community.jboss.org/people/scabanovich] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss tools JSF development - extending VPE (for MBean property)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/766799#766799

At present, dnd to VPE does not provide an extension point. We have implemented three cases of dnd: items from Palette, bean attributes from Web Projects, files from Package Explorer. When a file is dropped, a wizard is displayed with choice of relevant tag to be inserted (e.g. for xhtml it is ui:include and s:decorate; all available options are described in code). A similar wizard could be displayed when a bean attribute is dropped. Then, we have to provide an extension point to allow adding proposals for custom components and bind them to bean attribute type. Please add a feature request to JBoss Jira for JBossTools project.
Alternatively (or in addition), should we provide an opportunity for a user to bind data types and components in preferences, so that on a bean attribute drop, the wizard would read suggestions from preferences rather than from added plugins? Not many users would bother to write plugins to extend a feature, it is easier to customize it in preferences.
String bean attribute can be bound to most attributes of most JSF components, should wizard try to show them all, or only some 'favorite' options?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]