[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Remote debugging via SSH?

Denis Golovin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 19 16:30:09 EDT 2012

Denis Golovin [https://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] created the discussion

"Re: Remote debugging via SSH?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/767192#767192

JBoss Tools server adapter doesn't use any .config file form bin folder, it just generates VM parameters in  https://source.jboss.org/browse/JBossTools/trunk/as/plugins/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core/jbosscore/org/jboss/ide/eclipse/as/core/server/internal/v7/LocalJBoss7ServerRuntime.java?hb=true#to58 LocalJBoss71ServerRuntime.getDefaultRunVMArgs(IPath serverHome) and then run server with java using those parameters on local or remote host. Parameters can be changed through editing launch configuration for server.

There is an article  http://brainpicks.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/remote-java-debugging-via-ssh-tunnel-only-works-if-local-and-remote-ports-are-identical/ Remote Java Debugging via SSH Tunnel Only Works if Local and Remote Ports are Identical. It could help, considering you added missing parameters to command used to start serer on remote host (note, I'm just guessing and haven't tried that myself).

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]