[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: XML Deserialization of Result Map Fails 5.4.0.Beta1

Timothy Charman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 04:44:02 EDT 2012

Timothy Charman [https://community.jboss.org/people/tcharman] created the discussion

"Re: XML Deserialization of Result Map Fails 5.4.0.Beta1"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/772257#772257

Hi Maciej

So to be clear:

In my custom work item handler I do:
     workItem.getResults().put("SomeKey", value);
where value is an object of a custom type, which is just some Java class e.g. com.test.CustomType.

In my workflow I create a workflow variable where I use the Eclipse UI to select Object, and set com.test.CustomType in the Classname field.

In my task's result map, I map my parameter named "SomeKey" to the workflow variable.

At least that's what I've been doing so far with my older version of 5.4.0, which has been working fine - do I need to do anything new now to make this CustomType work with the new XStream approach?

Sorry for labouring this, but I'd love this to work!

Thanks

Tim