[jboss-user] [jBPM] - BPMN2-Modeler Script task doesn't show java/mvel dropdowns

rikmorgan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 25 12:11:03 EDT 2012

rikmorgan [https://community.jboss.org/people/rikmorgan] created the discussion

"BPMN2-Modeler Script task doesn't show java/mvel dropdowns"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/772412#772412

Updated both an Eclipse Indigo and Eclipse Juno install using the BPMN site  http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/ http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/ and all appeared to work correctly.

However, when I insert a Script task into a bpmn process diagram, then open the properties dialog, the script format dropdown doesn't exist, instead I see a label that says "Script Format" followed by "text/xml".  My coworker gets a dropdown menu there that offers Java and MVEL.  So how come I don't get those choices?

Also, the place where there should be a drop down isn't even outlined to make it appear like a data entry text box, it just looks like the words are part of the label, but I can click there and change the value.  Same goes for the script box beneath it.  I just see a label that says "Script" and I have to know that if I click to the right of it somewhere, I can start typing.  There's no visual clue.

Anyone else run into this and know what's causing it?  I assume there's an incompatibility with other Indigo/Juno components like EMF or GEF, but no amount of updating those things fixes the problem.

thanks.