[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How to load a file packaged in the .esb?

Derek Croxton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 09:30:35 EDT 2012

Derek Croxton [https://community.jboss.org/people/mataratones] created the discussion

"How to load a file packaged in the .esb?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/773228#773228

I'm trying to load an XSLT file from the .esb package.  (This is for a custom action, ignore for the moment why I'm not doing an XsltAction.)  The base path, for some reason, is jboss-as\bin\, which is obviously not in the .esb, and when I try to use a relative path that goes up a directory ("../"), I get a MalformedURL exception.  A servlet would have a context, but my class is not a servlet, so I don't know how to get at a file inside the .esb.  I don't think this is an unusual thing to do, but obviously I have no idea how to do it, and I would appreciate any help.

Derek

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]