[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Using Globals defined from Action Editor -> Globals Editor

Ava Huxley do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 05:31:20 EDT 2012

Ava Huxley [https://community.jboss.org/people/avah99] created the discussion

"Using Globals defined from Action Editor -> Globals Editor"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758516#758516

My variable is defined as the following in Globals editor:

// define your globals here: e.g. global java.util.List myList
*global* java.util.List myList

Then in the Texual Editor, java Dialect is used and the myList is initialized, then it is access using:
     myList = *new* java.util.LinkedList<String>();
     myList.add("Item1");
     myList.add("Item2");
     System.out.println("kcontext.getVariable(myList)=" + kcontext.getVariable("myList"));

Result is strange to me: kcontext.getVariable(myList)=null

Can you please explain the purpose of this Globals and how to use it correctly? ... Thanks!