[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - 32bit OpenJDK on 64bit OS?

Steven ONeill do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 00:21:42 EDT 2012

Steven ONeill [https://community.jboss.org/people/soneill] created the discussion

"32bit OpenJDK on 64bit OS?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759126#759126

Hi,

I am interested in running JBoss AS with the 32bit OpenJDK on a 64bit OS.  I am struggling to find simple instructions on this on the web.  I popped into the OpenJDK IRC technical help channel, and the only response to this I got was that someone tried it on Fedora 15-17, with much frrustation.

This leads me to believe that 32bit OpenJDK on 64bit OS is a bad idea and uncommon at best.

Can anyone comment if they have done this?  Perhaps I am missing something easy?

Thank you,
-Steve

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]