[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: 32bit OpenJDK on 64bit OS?

Steven ONeill do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 09:07:40 EDT 2012

Steven ONeill [https://community.jboss.org/people/soneill] created the discussion

"Re: 32bit OpenJDK on 64bit OS?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759198#759198

I saw no problems in theory either.  In practice, I have thus far been unable to succeed.

Using default repos, for both 64bit CentOS and 64bit RHEL, "yum search openjdk" produces only .x86_64 results.  Instead of .x86_64, I am interested in laying down the 32bit version of OpenJDK on the 64bit OS .i586,.i686 or whatever it might be.  Explicity searching for the same package name but using i586/i686/etc does not turn up any installable packages :-/

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]