[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - How to set eclipse/maven dependencies to make jbossws work?

Matthias M. do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 12:26:09 EDT 2012

Matthias M. [https://community.jboss.org/people/virtuellesnugat] created the discussion

"How to set eclipse/maven dependencies to make jbossws work?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759251#759251

Hi,

I'm trying to use the contents of org.jboss.ws.* (e. g. "@WebContext"), but I'm not able to use the contents in the classpath.
I already did:
* install the CXF relatead package on my server
* run the junit tests (2 failures)

Now when I try to add a dependency to the pom.xml, there is no package available like 'org.jboss.ws'. Furthermore no workaround worked for me.
I even tried to manipulate the archive generation of the war file in the maven configuration like:
{code:xml}
                    <archive>
                        <manifestEntries>
                            <Dependencies>org.jboss.ws.api services export</Dependencies>
                        </manifestEntries>
                    </archive>
{code:xml}
I hoped using this workaround, I could simply use eclipse's classpath to import and use the .jar directly. But everytime (even if I only do an import) I get an exception during compilation like:
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The argument does not represent an annotation type"

I'm searching for a solution, but the google- and stackoverflow-results won't help.

Is this because of the modular approach of as7.1 or did I simply miss a trivial step to do?

I use eclipse, jboss as 7.1.1, jbossws cxf 4.0.2, maven 3.0.2. Because of maven I feel rather restricted than helped out. But that's because I'm not used to it.
If I forgot to mention something important, please let me know.

I bet there are many people saying this is a stupid question, but I would be thankful for an answer anyway  ;)

Greetings!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]