[jboss-user] [jBPM] - BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes

Steve Battle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 10:44:49 EDT 2012

Steve Battle [https://community.jboss.org/people/stevebattle] created the discussion

"BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759425#759425

I've been using The BPMN 2.0 Modeler/Editor to design ad-hoc sub-processes. Eclipse Indigo, JBPM 5.4.Final. However, I've found recently that the new validation features of BPMN 2.0 Modeler report errors in ad-hoc sub-processes where there should be none. Within the context of an ad-hoc sub-process (or a process with adHoc="true"), the rules on incoming and outgoing sequence flows should be relaxed, allowing activities with no incoming or outgoing flows.

This is not a runtime issue, my ad-hoc processes execute as before. This is just an issue with validation. Is there a way to disable or configure validation to prevent these errors?

Thanks, Steve.