[jboss-user] [jBPM] - BPMN2 Editor / jBPM Problem

Andre Pietsch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 13:00:15 EDT 2012

Andre Pietsch [https://community.jboss.org/people/andre.pietsch] created the discussion

"BPMN2 Editor / jBPM Problem"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759650#759650

Hello,

I work with jBPM v5.3 to run BPMN 2.0 processes that have been created with the new BPMN2 Editor plugin for Eclipse (BPMN2 Editor | 0.0.1.201209101728) that has been promoted by you at the release of v5.3.

Now I have a problem using global parameters in processes with that setup. The editor creates a line that looks like this
[code]<tns:global tns:identifier="MyGlobal" tns:type="java.lang.String"/>[/code]

The jBPM KnowledgeBuilder with which I have to load the process-file to run the process gives me the following error:
[code]ProcessLoadError: unable to parse xml : Exception class org.xml.sax.SAXParseException : <global> requires a 'identifier' attribute[/code]

When I remove the "tns:" before "identifier" and "type" (same problem here) with a text-editor, the KnowledgeBuilder has no problem with the files. The line looks like this after modification:
[code]<tns:global identifier="MyGlobal" type="java.lang.String"/>[/code]

After that modification the BPMN2 Editor is not able to recognize the global variable so I have to change it back in order to use the editor.

This is a SERIOUS problem but I don't know who makes the mistake here. Is it the editor which generates false BPMN-XMLs or is it jBPM which interprets it the wrong way.

I also don't want to point with a finger. I only want the problem to be fixed. So is it correct to address you or do I have to address the BPMN2 Editor guys? Or maybe both? I created a topic in their support forum for the problem to be addressed. It can be found under the following link:

 http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/376303/ http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/376303/

I hope for a fast answer because I have a project that depends on that stuff.

Kindest regards

Andre