[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Hibernate Tools question

Alex Popa-Tesileanu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 20 06:41:28 EDT 2012

Alex Popa-Tesileanu [https://community.jboss.org/people/alexpote] created the discussion

"Re: Hibernate Tools question"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/760563#760563

Hi,
The columns *have* "not null" set because of programming language I used witch don't deal well with nulls. Also all columns have default value set.
Even I will migrate to java will be a period in witch the old and the new  client will access the database in same time.
The idea is I have to deal with 255 tables witch have 4552 columns. And growing. This is why the first option it is not the best solution.
What I want is, when I add a table, a column or I change it, to easily regenerate domain all domain objects.
The second option I think is the best.
I thought previously to use ReverseEngineeringStrategy to remove table prefix. But I did not know about columnToMetaAttributes. This is very helpful. I tried to put a dummy hardcoded value for each field and it work. What I have to do is to extract the default value from the database.
I know the table, I know the field I will connect to database and extract the default value.
The question is: it is somehow possible to get the database connection from "hibernate console configuration" instead of create a new one ?  I think this will speed-up the reveng process.

Your response was very helpful.
Thank You very much,
Alex

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]