[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss 4.3 Open File Problem

sean123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 13:13:50 EDT 2012

sean123 [https://community.jboss.org/people/sean123] created the discussion

"JBoss 4.3 Open File Problem"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/761713#761713

My company is using JBoss EPP 4.3 CP07. We are currently having a problem where too many files are left open. Upon investigating the list of file descriptors left open, we noticed many jar files from the deployed applications on the server were being left open. These open jar files were not available for garbage collection and stayed open consistently. These same applications were previously deployed on a JBoss 4.2 instance, and there was no such problem. Any ideas on what might be going on or how to debug?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]