[jboss-user] [jBPM] - 'Timer' inside task is not running

Farhan Masood do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 1 02:23:54 EDT 2013

Farhan Masood [https://community.jboss.org/people/farhan.masood] created the discussion

"'Timer' inside task is not running"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805778#805778

Hi all,
     I am new in the world of JBPM. I want task-node to be available to the user for a defined duration for e.g. 2 hours, 10 hours etc. If user sends response (using task-node) then its fine otherwise I want to end that task. I searched a lot over the net and got a few examples of 'Timers' inside task-node but I have got stuck here. The code is as follows,

I have following questions,

1. Do I need to add 'Timer' inside task-node (above task tag) or inside task tag ?
2. Why this 'Timer' is not running ? (Do I need to do any configuration in web.xml or jbpm.config.xml ? like making entry of JobExecutorLauncher servlet context listener in the web app deployment descriptor ?)

Waiting for your valuable reply.
Thanks.