[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Problem with jBossTools after deleting runtimes on projects.

James Drinkard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 3 10:33:39 EDT 2013

James Drinkard [https://community.jboss.org/people/james_drinkard] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with jBossTools after deleting runtimes on projects."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/806227#806227

No errors as I haven't tried to do any builds for prod as yet.   If I do, I'm sure to not get the runtimes, which is why we had this eclipse setup this way.

We use STS (Spring Tool Suite) 2.9.2 for our development IDE and have a separate eclipse-indigo with a shared metadata folder for deployments on a seperate server.  Really it's a deployment repository where code for prod is stored as well as stage (like a pre-prod environment) and the metadata folder with the generic settings for everyone.  We use the runtimes as part of the build process, but we actually run the code locally to develop using STS.  Then we push it to stage and prod respectively.

Since the metadata is shared, I was concerned my changes had messed up the global settings for everyone as well, but that turned out to not be the case.  I'm the only one that has this problem.  So, I'm thinking that the settings that got messed up are with jBoss tools and all I have to do is update jBoss tools and that should fix my local workspace settings and solve the problem.  When  I went in and tried to do the update I got dependency errors and wasn't able to resolve them.  For now I'm having another dev do my builds, but that obviously isn't a long term solution.  I would like to know with our setup, would it be safe to uninstall jBoss tools and then reinstall it without messing up the metadata out on the server for everyone else?

What is really frustrating is we all use the same eclipse-indigo that was saved in a share by our lead dev.  I've deleted my local copy twice and deleted jBoss off my local machine, copy it over again and I still see these configuration problems!  Somewhere there is a setting, I assume for jBoss tools, that is causing this problem, but I haven't been able to find it.  We have an automatic backup program that keeps track of our desktop settings.  Some specific programs and all the user folder settings.  We are using windows 7 64 bit as the OS on our machines.  However, I deleted anything that mentioned jBoss or eclipse from my user folder that was backed up and it didn't make any difference.

I was able to get the admins to retore a copy of our metadata folder which I'm using to compare with our current metadata folder to see if anything has changed.  I don't think that is where the problems are though, but I'm guessing.

Any ideas as to what to do next would be appreciated!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]