[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: ERROR Queue[null, name=XYZ.QUEUE] startService java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument(s) in call: setFetchSize

Abhilash Chandran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 5 17:06:28 EDT 2013

Abhilash Chandran [https://community.jboss.org/people/chotamail] created the discussion

"Re: ERROR Queue[null, name=XYZ.QUEUE] startService java.sql.SQLException: Invalid argument(s) in call: setFetchSize"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/806792#806792

Dear Friends,

Today I took up this after nearly 3 months as I was working on some other activities and alternatively used HsQlDb..  as work around ;) .
Fortunately I was able to resolve this issue with a simple configuration today.
The attribute 'FullSize' has to be defined for every Queue/Topic that we define in the Jboss5.1.2.

Cause:

1. Use of Ojdbc14.Jar since this was used in Jboss4.2.2. This restricts the fetchSize to be greater than 0 and less than 32754.
2. But if we dont set the FullSize attribute, this defaults to 200000 in the JbossMessagin related Jars and throws this FetchSize error.

Solution1:

Set the following attribute for your Queues/Topics if you still want to use Ojdbc14.jar.
| <attribute name="FullSize">32700</attribute> <!-- Slightly lesser than the full size permitted in Ojdbc14.Jar --> |    |

Solution 2:

Switch to Ojdbc5.jar(1.5- JDK) or Ojdbc6.jar(1.6 - JDK).

Hope this helps a restless sould somewhere.....  :D

Happy Coding/configing...  ;)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]