[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss 7 and CGI

Niels Ebbesen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 8 06:12:11 EDT 2013

Niels Ebbesen [https://community.jboss.org/people/ebbesen] created the discussion

"JBoss 7 and CGI"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/806961#806961

Hi guys, gals,

I figure I'd better get straight to the question, so without further ado:
Does JBoss 7 support CGI out of the box, only requiring a few edits of a conf file to get things up'n running, or is the process slightly more involving?

Having searched around I've only come across answers applying to earlier versions of JBoss (or Tomcat); but I'm beginning to suspect that getting CGI support involves installing (and configuring) the servlet
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet ...a servelet which as far as I can see isn't included with the distribution (or am I just looking in the wrong places?)

So, being an absolute beginner I assume I'd better follow a tutorial or two on how to install a servlet, and once I've grok'ed that, grab hold of the source for the CGIServlet and give that one a go.

Am I on the right track?
If not, could someone please give me a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
An absolute beginner

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]