[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Do Java "import" statements need to be entered multiple times?

Andy McC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 9 11:04:49 EDT 2013

Andy McC [https://community.jboss.org/people/andymcc] created the discussion

"Do Java "import" statements need to be entered multiple times?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/807239#807239

I have developed a simple BPMN process in Eclipse which loads a Java Properties file into a process variable and then uses these to configure an email workitem. This works as expected when I run it as a Java applicaiton in Eclipse.

However, I have now moved this to Guvnor and although the import statements (e.g. import java.util.Properties) are defined at the top level of the process, when I attempt to build the package I get the error "Process Compilation error Properties cannot be resolved to a type".

To clear the error I have added java.util.Properties to the package via the Guvnor "Configuration" panel. (The discussion here  https://community.jboss.org/message/805132#805132 https://community.jboss.org/message/805132#805132 suggests this is the way to handle user-defined jars etc)

Is this the correct or am I missing a key step? Do the imports need to be stated in two places?

Should Guvnor automatically pick up on import requirements when a BPMN process diagram is added to the pacakge?

I'm still very much a newcomer to jBPM so my apologies if this is blindingly obvious!

Thanks

Andy McC

All JBoss and jBPM bits direct from jBPM 5.4.0_install
jre 1.7.0_17
Windows 7 and 8